Welcome to Highland Park Pediatrics!
For over 60 years we have provided comprehensive medical care for children, from birth through college. We are a team of experienced, dedicated pediatricians you can trust. Patients choose one of our doctors as their primary care provider, and we encourage you to see that doctor for the majority of your visits. We feel this model benefits both the patient and the doctor by building trust and mutual understanding, resulting in premium medical care. Of course, all of our doctors work closely together so that one of us will always be available to help you.
Our office is designed for your child’s health – we have separate sick-child and well-child waiting rooms. There is ample parking just steps away from our front door – no dragging strollers, car seats, and crying children into crowded elevators. We have a private room for nursing mothers who need to feed their baby while here. We proudly offer early morning walk-in clinics, evening hours, Saturday hours and we also have an after-hours care clinic (off-site) for late evening, weekend and holiday hours.
Experience the feeling of a small pediatrics office with some of the best pediatricians in the Chicago area – where the staff know your name and you can call and get an appointment with your trusted pediatrician on the same day!
We appreciate the opportunity to partner with you in the care of your child. The following information is designed to answer some of your questions about our practice. We believe the more you know, the more we can of service to your family.
We have walk-in sick hours from 8:30am – 9:30am and 4:00pm-5:00pm, Monday through Friday. No appointment is needed. This is reserved for simple, recent-onset illnesses only, such as sore throat, cough, ear pain, fever, etc. Illnesses of longer duration (more than a few days) or more complex issues (headaches, injuries, etc.), need a scheduled appointment to ensure we have the proper time to attend to your child.
- Except for the specified walk-in times, we see out patients by a scheduled appointment only.
- We make every effort to honor all time commitments and request that you extend the same courtesy to us. If an appointment cannot be kept, please call 24 hours in advance so we can offer this time to another patient. If you are running late, please let us know.
- If you decide an additional child needs to be seen when you have only one appointment scheduled, please call and let us know so we can adjust our schedule to accommodate you.
- If your child has special needs or has a complex condition needing extra time, please let our scheduler know in advance so we can better attend to your child.
- Annual exams are designed with just enough time for discussion of the growth and development of well healthy children. Children who have ongoing medical conditions such as asthma, ADD, ADHD, weight problems, etc., or who have new medical concerns, will need to schedule additional time, either as a double appointment or by returning a different day.
- We encourage our patients to call with medical or routine childcare questions during office hours. A nurse will return your call as soon as possible.
- If a physician needs to speak with you, your call will be returned at the physician’s earliest opportunity, usually during lunch or at the end of the day.
- If you are calling about a prescription refill, we prefer that you ask your pharmacy to contact us directly via an electronic refill request.
- Medication refill requests and non-urgent medical questions may also be handled online through your MyChart account.
MyChart is out patient portal that gives you access to your child’s chart. You will have access to your child’s medical record, securely communicate with your physician, manage appointments, access your test results, request medication refills, and more. Our staff will walk you through the process to activate your MyChart account, and there’s an app for that, too! MyChart is easily accessible, easy to use, and our physicians preferred method of communication.
After-hours Telephone Calls
If you have an urgent concern after our office has closed, please call our office and our answering service will forward emergency calls to the provider on call. Your call will be returned at the earliest opportunity, usually within 20 minutes. There may be a charge associated with complex after hours care.
We recognize that emergency situations can arise and we do our best to respond to your problem promptly. In the event of a life-threatening situation, please call 911. If the situation is not life-threatening, please call us first, and our doctors will guide you in how you should proceed.
A Final Word
Remember that good doctor-patient communication ensures the best health care for your child. We encourage every patient to discuss any and all problems with us, especially prior to seeing emergency or other urgent care. Our doctors are available 24/7 by calling our office.