03 Mar Tips for Making Your Virtual Visit Successful
By: Dr. Ruben Rucoba
PediaTrust is pleased to offer virtual visits to our patients.
What is a virtual visit? A virtual visit is a consultation, health check, or sick visit with a PediaTrust pediatrician via video conferencing. It is powered by the Anytime Pediatrics app, which is available in the App Store or Google Play.
What are the benefits of On-Demand virtual visits? We offer On-Demand virtual visits Monday-Friday between 7:30 a.m.- 9:00 a.m., meaning that if your child wakes up with symptoms that qualify for a virtual visit before your Pediatrician’s office has opened for the day, you can simply log in, request a virtual visit, and connect with our Board-Certified Pediatrician from the comfort of your own home!
Are virtual visits available during office hours? Currently, office hours are available for Pediatric Partners patients. These virtual visits are with Dr. Susan Sirota, and must be scheduled with the office in advance, just like a regular visit! Throughout the next few months, more of our locations will begin to offer scheduled visits as more doctors continue with the rollout process. Stay tuned on our Facebook and Instagram accounts for these announcements! For instructions on how to download the app and to find Dr. Sirota’s practice code, visit www.pediatrust.com/virtual-visits.
While virtual visits may not be suitable for every case, we offer them for a variety of conditions, including:
- Insect bites
- Minor cuts and abrasions
- Allergy Symptoms
- Mild croup
- Minor respiratory problems
- Some follow-up visits for chronic illnesses
- Some follow-up visits for ADHD
Some cases that are not appropriate for a virtual visit include:
- Abdominal pain
- First-time visits for ADHD
- First-time visits for depression/anxiety
- Wheezing/asthma exacerbation
- Possible strep throat
- Possible ear infection
- Possible urinary tract infection
- Severely ill child
- Well-child visits/sports physicals
- Cough and fever
- Chronic fatigue
How much is a virtual visit? Each virtual visit is a flat fee of $59. Virtual visits for specialty (Children’s Gastroenterology Specialists) patients are $89 each. Commercial insurance does not cover virtual visits, so at the beginning of your visit, you will be asked to give credit card information on our secure link to pay for the visit. We are confident you will find value in the convenience of a virtual visit.
For the best reception, please make sure your phone, laptop, or computer is on WiFi. Before starting the visit, please have the following ready:
● Your child’s weight, a recent temperature, and a listing of any medications your child is taking
● A working flashlight (to look into the mouth and throat)
● Names and relationships of everyone present in the room with the child
● A phone number to call if the video connection is dropped
● Name, address, and phone number of a pharmacy that is open at the time of the visit in case a prescription is needed
● Place your child in a comfortable setting. Please try to eliminate background noise (like a TV) and distractions.
*If the physician determines that a virtual visit is not appropriate for the situation, you will not be charged for the visit, and will instead be advised to book an in-person appointment with your regular PediaTrust pediatrician.
Watch the video below to see how to register for a virtual visit!